Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

The first meeting

The first meeting of the UTA Debate Society will be held on Tuesday January 26th in the Language Center. This is an exciting and historical time on campus. This will be the first time that Tampere University will have a debate society. This is going to be a great organization for students and staff to come together and discuss world issues. This is an intercultural organization where you will meet students and staff from all disciplines with different international backgrounds.

My name is Karen Nelson. I am an exchange student from The University of Vermont. I have debated for four years in different formats both in the U.S. and in Europe. At the first meeting I will discuss my background more and my experience with the Lawrence Debate Union at my home university. We will discuss how we would like the UTA Debate Society to function. I will be here until the end of May to support you and get the society started!

Thanks
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment