Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Role Fulfillment Material

For Aatemarkkinat (see previous post) I put together some material to hand out to people to introduce them to debating. This material included a very brief introduction to the World Universities Format we're using and a template for role fulfillment within said format. I also handed out the latter papers in the last couple of meetings. However, that template I wrote was made as easy and simple as possible, so I'm also going to share with you a template by prof. Snider, which is a lot more detailed and should provide more insight into the roles for those of you who already have some debate experience.

Based on the debates lately I’ve come to the conclusion that, although the basic rules of argumentation are quite well embraced in the debate speeches, what could need some improvement is the structure and understanding of the different roles in the debate. I hope this material will bring some more clarity to that! Feel free to contact me or Pekka (or comment in Facebook or here) if you have any questions whatsoever regarding the roles or indeed anything about debating or the Society.

Click here to find my material

... and here for prof. Snider's.

See you next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment